What’s New In PWS?
Version 3.309, Released April 18, 2022
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATON SPEED/PERFORMANCE.
When populating the list of material in a release, e/PWS was checking the material status in cERP for each required item. Based on the number of items in the release, this could be a very time consuming process. A change has been made in which e/PWS detects if there is a lot of items to sent to cERP. If so, the user will be prompted with the following question:
The user can answer Yes and e/PWS will behave as normal. The user can answer No and handle choosing which items to check to push to cERP. Each changed item will be checked by default, but e/PWS will no longer show the background as red or green (as e/PWS will no longer check the cERP status of the material). If the user knows the status of material in cERP, this will be a much more productive way to push material.
In addition, when clicking the link to push material to cERP, e/PWS will no longer check the status of each item to be pushed. Again, another time consuming process. Instead, if an item should be put on a change order, it should be handled in the release screen prior to the push. If an item is shown in red in the release screen and the change order column is modified, e/PWS will check the status of the required items and change the background to green if applicable. This is handled in the following column:
Version 3.308, Released March 30, 2022
· Pricing update for Ceco hollow metal, effective date for new price book is April 1, 2022
Version 3.307, Released March 24, 2022
· Pricing update for Curries hollow metal, effective date for new price book is April 1, 2022
Version 3.305, Released February 18, 2022
· Pricing update for Steelcraft hollow metal, effective date for new price book is February 19, 2022
Version 3.304, Released February 15, 2022
· Pricing update for Republic hollow metal, effective date for new price book is February 19, 2022
Version 3.303 Released November 29, 2021
· When making changes in the Worksheet, there is a new "mass change" option to allow all items by the same manufacturer to be updated. This is especially useful when entering markups/margins for hardware by the same manufacturer.
Version 3.302 Released November 10, 2021
· Due to feedback, the changes made in version 3.301 have been reversed. All marks are now shown in the keying view.
Version 3.301 Released October 25, 2021
· In the Job>Keying view, only marks that contain a keyed hardware are shown. If a desired mark is not showing in the list, go into the mark's heading and ensure the KEYED column is set to Y for at least one hardware item.
Version 3.300 Released August 17, 2021
IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are
connected to contractERP Only.
When passing hardware manufacturer
abbrevations to cERP, e/PWS will now append -CDN to the Vendor_No when a
Canadian Price book is used in ePWS.
Example: If a Schlage Canadian Price Book was used in ePWS for an Item, e/PWS previously pushed "SCH" as the vendor. e/PWS will now push "SCH-CDN"
Version 2.299 Released July 14, 2021
· Pricing update for Lynden doors, US and CDN.
Version 2.298 Released June 16, 2021
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. A new proposal group named INTERIOR FINISH has been added to the drop down list. If you plan to use this new group, please add as a valid product group in contractERP.
Verison 2.297 Released June 15, 2021
· Pertains to contractERP users only If frame casing is entered, attribute Fr Casing is now passed to cERP.
Version 2.296 Released June 7, 2021
· You can now restore bids and jobs from previous versions. There is a new menu pick for bids and jobs:
If you choose the option, you will be prompted for a control number to restore. Enter the control number. You will then be presented with a window that looks like the following:
In this window, you can choose the version to restore. The last modified date is in the format yyy/mm/dd hh::mm.
Version 2.295 Released May 5, 2021
· Added columns DR TYPE ACT and DR TYPE INACT to the import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 2.294 Released April 29, 2021
· Various hardware and hollow metal manufacturers have implemented surcharges on material. To accomodate these surcharges, e/PWS now allows you to enter a second discount in the Worksheet. You can enter a negative discount to handle the surcharge.
· Under Order Management>Releases, there is a new menu pick "Export To Ceco" that allows you to export material to EDGE. In addition, the export to Curries has been changed to support EDGE versus COW. COW has been discontinued.
Version 2.293 Released April 8, 2021
· Pricing update for Mesker hollow metal, effective date for new price book is May 1, 2021.
Version 2.292 Released April 7, 2021
· Pricing update for Republic hollow metal, effective date for new price book is April 3, 2021.
Version 2.291 Released April 6, 2021
· Pricing update for Steelcraft hollow metal, effective date for new price book is April 3, 2021.
Version 2.290 Released March 24, 2021
· Added the ability to sort by columns in wall type, frame type and door type screens.
Version 2.289 Released February 25, 2021
· Pricing update for Pioneer hollow metal, effective date for new price book is March 1, 2021.
Version 2.288 Released February 22, 2021
· Pricing update for Curries hollow metal, effective date for new price book is March 1, 2021.
Version 2.287 Released February 22, 2021
· When entering hardware discounts, a new field is shown named "Last Update Date." Existing discounts will display "unknown" but any new or modified discounts will show the actual date going forward.
· At the bottom of the takeoff/schedule, door and frame counts are now displayed. The totals are based on the current contents of the takeoff/schedule when filtered.
Version 2.286 Released February 16, 2021
· Added the ability to price protect the hollow metal pricing in bids and jobs. When hollow metal pricing is updated, users are prompted if they want to update to the latest pricing each time they open a bid/job. To avoid an accidental update, a new feature "Price protect HM on bid/job" has been added at the top of the bid/job project information screens:
Also, the current price book is listed. If this option is enabled, e/PWS will no longer prompt to update HM pricing when a bid/job is opened.
If you want to update the HM pricing, you must uncheck this option and then re-open the bid/job and answer "Yes" to update the pricing.
Version 2.285 Released February 10, 2021
· Pricing update for Ceco hollow metal, effective date for new price book is March 1, 2021.
Version 2.284 Released February 3, 2021
· Pricing update for Fleming hollow metal, effective date for new price book is March 1, 2021.
Version 2.284 Released January 29, 2021
· Pricing update for Baron hollow metal, effective date for new price book is March 1, 2021.
Version 2.283 Released January 8, 2021
· Added ability to add machining for DLR cutout only charges instead of manufacturer charges. To do so, in the door template choose one of the two new cutout options: CUTOUT ONLY-S and CUTOUT ONLY WITH CHANNELS-S. The -S stands for "by supplier" meaning that the cutout will be in house (by supplier). Create in house DLR charges by the name of CO-S and CC-S respectively.
Version 2.282 Released December 2, 2020
· Added columns FR PREPPING and DR PREPPING to the import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 2.281 Released November 13, 2020
· Moved the selection for DR CUTOUT OPTIONS from the takeoff/schedule into the Door Template. Similar to door series and style, the cutout options are now shown as read-only in the takeoff/schedule. Note: in a bid, the DR CUTOUT OPTIONS column is still avaialble if you are not using door templates. This is consistent with how series and style are handled. If using a door template, these columns are shown for review purposes so that you do not have to open the door template. This change sets the ground work for future improvements for handling mouldings and louvers. Also, a new Factory Glazed (Y/N) field has been added in the door template. This field now prints on the door elevation reports.
Version 2.280 Released November 11, 2020
· Added two columns to the Order Management>Releases screen. The shipping list and purchase requisition (if applicable) are displayed in the Releases screen, providing an enhanced order/material tracking view. In the Release screen, you can also now filter by shipping list.
Version 2.279 Released November 2, 2020
· When detailing addtional doors and transom panels, you can now enter an undercut specific to the door/panel. This accomodates transom panels with a different undercut between the panel and the door.
Version 2.278 Released October 9, 2020
· Added columns LEFT BASE ANCHOR, RIGHT BASE ANCHOR, LEFT JAMB ANCHOR, RIGHT JAMB ANCHOR and HEAD ANCHOR to the import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 2.277 Released August 18, 2020
Version 2.276 Released August 6, 2020
· Added columns FR HEAD DETAIL, FR LEFT JAMB DETAIL, FR RIGHT JAMB DETAIL, DR SILL DETAIL, DR ACT DEG SWING and DR INACT DEG SWING to the import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 2.275 Released July 22, 2020
· Added FSC column for wood frames. IMPORTANT FOR contractERP users: If you enter a FSC Number for a wood frame, it will pass in new attribute "Fr FSC Number"
Version 2.274 Released May 18, 2020
· Added columns FR WALL THICKNESS and FR JAMB DEPTH to the import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 2.273 Released April 10, 2020
· Added columns FR MFG, FR SERIES, FR GAUGE, DR MFG, DR SERIES, and DR GAUGE to the import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 2.272 Released April 6, 2020
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. To better accommodate division 10 hardware, new proposal groups have been added to the drop down list. If you plan to use these, please add them as valid product groups in contractERP. The new groups are FLOOR GRILLS/MATS, LOCKERS, MAILBOXES, TOILET PARTITIONS, VISUAL DISPLAY BOARDS, WASHROOM ACCESSORIES, WALL/DOOR PROTECTION
· In addition, attributes have been added to pass the "prepping by" fields for frames and doors. The new attributes are named Fr Prepping By and Dr Prepping By.
Version 2.271 Released April 2, 2020
· Pricing update for Steelcraft hollow metal, effective date for new price book is April 4, 2020.
Version 2.270 Released March 24, 2020
· Added support for Apex hollow metal. The manufacturer abbreviation is APX.
Version 2.269 Released March 20, 2020
· Pricing update for Republic hollow metal, effective date for new price book is April 20, 2020.
Version 2.268 Released March 13, 2020
· When viewing/choosing a bid/job to open, there is a new option to export the list of bids/jobs to a .CSV file (which can then be saved to your local computer and modified via Excel)
Version 2.267 Released March 6, 2020
· Pricing update for Curries hollow metal, effective date for new price book is March 16, 2020.
Version 2.266 Released March 4, 2020
· Pricing update for Ceco hollow metal, effective date for new price book is March 16, 2020.
Version 2.265 Released February 3, 2020
· In the takeoff/schedule you can now freeze up to the leftmost 25 columns. In the botom left corner is a new feature "Num Frozen Columns" which defaults to 2. At 2, the software functions as it always has. If you increase, the number of frozen columns increases. Frozen columns also cannot be edited.
Version 2.264 Released January 30, 2020
· Similar to the submittal package functionality released in version 2.262 (Jan 7, 2020), you can now upload PDFs for clariications, internal notes and keying notes in a job.
Version 2.263 Released January 29, 2020
· Changes made to USE TAX functionality in the bid worksheet:
If you choose USE TAX on the general info screen, a column will appear in ePWS worksheet named APPLY USE TAX?
Each material only line item will default to Y (TAXABLE will default to N)
Each install line item will default to N
You can manually set each line to force it to be included in the USE TAX calculation
In addition, per line item you can continue to choose if sales tax should be applied
e/PWS will prompt/warn if both APPLY USE TAX? and TAXABLE are both set to Y
Version 2.262 Released January 7, 2020
· You can now use PDF documents in your submittal package for general notes, explanation of terms, and the 6 optional pages.
PDFs must be created on your local computer and uploaded under Company Preferences and in each job (using the Edit… option of the reports screen)
If a PDF is uploaded into a job, e/PWS will use the PDF versus the Word document when printing the submittal package (regardless if the landscape or portrait option is chosen)
Refer to the new PDF buttons when configuring submittal documents:
Version 2.261 Released January 7, 2020
· When creating cartons, you can now filter the list of available material by area, building and floor.
Version 2.260 Released December 6, 2019
· Pricing for Curies stainless steel doors and frames has been removed. Per an October, 2019 bulletin from Assa Abloy, all stainless steel pricing must be quoted from the factory to ensure accurate pricing, options and lead times.
Version 2.259 Released October 10, 2019
· Pricing for Ceco stainless steel doors and frames has been removed. Per a bulletin from Assa Abloy, all stainless steel pricing must be quoted from the factory to ensure accurate pricing, options and lead times.
Version 2.258 Released July 18, 2019
· In Price Frames/Doors screen, add machining charge, if you choose only one machining item to add (to any number of frame/door groups), e/PWS will now prompt for the quantity of the item to add. This is useful for items such as anchors. If you are manually adding anchors to frames, you can choose the affected frame groups, click Add Machining, choose the desired anchor and e/PWS will prompt for the number of anchors to add to each group.
Version 2.257 Released July 12, 2019
· In a job, you can add PDF attachments under Overview>Attachments. You can now add up to 10 of these attachments to your submittal package. Only PDFs can be added to the submittal package. When you configure your package, you will see new report options titled ATTACHMENT 1 through ATTACHMENT 10. When you add the report, you will be prompted for which PDF to print in the location.
Version 2.256 Released June 26, 2019
· When in the Job Cust DB, you can now copy part numbers (one at a time) from the company preferences cust db. To do so, click "Copy Part From Company Preferences"
Version 2.255 Released May 16, 2019
· When opening bids and jobs, you can now filter the list by contractor or end user. There are two new options at the bottom of screen when you click Open.
Version 2.254 Released May 8, 2019
· IMPORTANT for contractERP users only: A new proposal group has been added named ENGINEERING. This group will pass to contractERP as ENGINEERING.
Version 2.253 Released May 3, 2019
· In the Worksheet (both bids and jobs), when you group/ungroup by area, PWS will attempt to retain all entered discounts, markups, freight, etc..
· In the addiitional doors/panels window, you can now enter remarks specific to the addtional door being added.
Version 2.252 Released April 30, 2019
· Pricing update for Republic hollow metal, effective date for new price book is May 4, 2019.
Version 2.251 Released April 24, 2019
· Pricing update for Steelcraft hollow metal, effective date for new price book is May 4, 2019.
· Pricing update for Lynden doors.
Version 2.250 Released April 9, 2019
· In Jobs, Reports>Frames, added an Anchor Count report to be able to quicly get a count of all anchors required on a job.
Version 2.240 Released March 27, 2019
· Enhancement for contractERP users only. In the release screen the CERP ITEM CATEGORY AND PRODUCT GROUP are now displayed for each line item.
· Enhancements to filter function. When you right click, you are now allowed to filter on blank values. Also, the window appears showing any filters that are currently chosen versus having to start the filter from scratch. When the list of marks in the takeoff/schedule is filtered, there is a new menu pick "Copy Mark Numbers To Memory"
You can go to Report Filters> Choose to Filter by Marks, click Copy From PDF... and then click new button "Paste From Memory"
Version 2.239 Released March 15, 2019
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. To better accommodate prehung doors, a new ITEM CATEGORY and PRODUCT GROUP has been created named PREHUNG DOOR. Please add this as a valid item category and product group in contractERP
Version 2.238 Released February 14, 2019
· Added an enhanced filter function. When in a cell, right click and choose Filter:
A popup box will show all column contents:
Put a check beside any number of items listed, click OK, and the grid is filtered.
It is a “one shot” filter for each column. You can clear the filter in the same manner as normal by clicking the “FILTER IS ON” text at the bottom of the schedule.
Version 3.237, Released February 12, 2019
· Added 3 new columns to indicate if a mark has been verified: Jamb Verified?, Anchoring Verified? and Undercut Verified?
· You can now add up to 10 RFIs and responses per mark. The RFI Response column is no longer used in the schedule. You can now click in column RFI and enter the RFIS and responses in the popup box.
Version 3.236, Released January 28, 2019
· Under FIle>Setup>Password Protection you can now choose if archiving/unarchiving and deleting/undeleting jobs is password protected.
Version 3.235, Released January 18, 2019
· IMPORTANT for contractERP users only: A new attribute named "Attached To" has been added for each piece of hardware. The values for the attribute is NO, BOTH, ACT and INACT.
Version 3.234, Released January 17, 2019
· For each item in a hardware heading, the product name is now displayed (readonly) as the first column for each line item. The column is frozen so that as you scroll/edit the item, you can always reference the product name. This is nice when editing installation remarks, etc. and you want to ensure the product you are referring to.
Version 3.233, Released January 9, 2019
· When editing a heading and viewing the marks in the heading, column WD BLOCKING has been added for each mark. Because the hardware dictates the blocking required, you can now do a bulk edit and set WD BLOCKING for each mark in the heading.
Version 3.232, Released January 8, 2019
· Pioneer - updated pricing to 2019 price book (prices are effective on January 14, 2019)
Version 3.231 Released December 27, 2018
· When in the heading BOM view, there is a new Search tab:
If you enter a search string in the edit box (then hit space or enter), the part numbers listed in the BOM window will be those that contain the `search string. You can then click the item in the BOM (as normal) to add to the heading.
Version 3.230 Released December 17, 2018
· Added column WALL TYPE to the import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 3.229, Released December 11, 2018
· In addition to the existing hardware install costs, a field install cost has been added for hardware. The existing can be used for in-house/shop install costs and you can have separate hours and rates for field install.
Version 3.228, Released December 3, 2018
· Added SORT ORDER column to bids.
· Added column VENDOR QUOTE OVERRIDE DATE in the Bid Worksheet. This is used in conjunction with existing column VENDOR QUOTE OVERRIDE. If a quote is different than the one specified in the Vendor Quote Table, this will be used as the expiration date for the overriden quote.
Version 3.227, Released November 21, 2018
· DLF, updated pricing to 2018 price book.
Version 3.226, Released October 12, 2018
· Added Lynden Door (LYN) as a wood door manufacturer.
Version 3.225, Released October 2, 2018
· Fleming and Baron, updated pricing effective October 15, 2018. Very few price changes, so 2016 pricing is not supported. Some options (such as lead lining, etc are now consult factory for pricing). Supported price books are 2018 and 2011.
· In Order Management, you can now right click a single item and choose "Copy Item Status" from the popup menu. You can then choose multiple items, right click and choose "Paste Item Status"
· In the Job Schedule, you can click Create/Customize view and add columns FR ORDER NUMBER, FR RELEASE NUMBER, DR ORDER NUMBER and DR RELEASE NUMBER. These read-only columns will allow you to quickly see if a frame/door is contained in a release.
Version 3.224, Released September 25, 2018
· Baron Doors. The door styles have been changed to correspond with the 2016 price book. Existing 2016 and new jobs will automatically be updated. Cross reference from old style to new:
Also added door style to combine a lite kit with a louver cutout: NL1-L, NL2-L, NL3-L, V-L and G-L.
Version 3.223, Released August 23, 2018
· Daybar anchors. There is now a drop-down list of anchor choices for Daybor. If you choose from the list of anchors, e/PWS will automatically add the corresponding charge machining charge.
Version 3.222, Released July 24, 2018
· The hardware BOM now displays print as hardware type, installation remarks, ordering specifications and dealer remarks. When you choose an item from the BOM and add to a heading, these fields are now copied from the BOM.
Version 3.221, Released July 19, 2018
· New feature: The "Add Multiple" button located under the contents of a heading has been expanded. Versus typing in quick pick codes, you can now choose quick pick items or the job BOM from a check list.
Version 3.220, Released July 13, 2018
· Price increase for Steelcraft hollow metal. July, 2018 price book.
· Price increase for Republic hollow metal. July, 2018 price book.
Version 3.219, Released June 28, 2018
· You can now control if a hardware item is considered keyed. A new column named KEYED has been added to the heading. For each item, you can choose YES/NO. Similar to the handed column, e/PWS attempts to determine if an item is keyed based on the hardware type as well as options chosen. When an item is added to a heading, e/PWS will determine if the item is keyed, but you can override if necessary.
Version 3.218, Released June 26, 2018
· When drawing frame elevations, a new feature has been added so that you can add an annotated note to the strike and hinge jambs. When you right click, similar to adding a section change, you can now add a "callout" which puts a note at a specific location on the jamb/mull.
· Steelcraft profile library. Added support for thermal break (TB) open profiles. The new profiles are named OTU2 and OTU4.
· Curries. Added two new thermal break series: TB and TQ. The base price will show as the standard M series and the appropriate machining charge will be added for the thermal break profile.
Version 3.217, Released June 21, 2018
· In Jobs>Worksheet>General Information, there is a new checkbox to lock SELL TO SHOW amounts. This applies to proposal groups and bid analysis groups. This is useful for AIA billing and allows jobs to be maintained at the base contract amount and prevent accidental changes.
· Added the ability to enter "grouped marks." This can be useful for pre-hungs when there are multiple doors that are identical and you do not want to enter a line item for each mark. In the existing mark number column, you can enter a "group mark" name. A new column has been added named GROUPED MARK NUMBERS. You can add the new column to your view and enter a unique mark number and qty on each line of the popup window. The sum of the individual qtys should match the total qty entered for the line item. e/PWS will auto update the line qty if it does not match when you click OK. It will give a warning if the line item qty is changed and no longer matches the qty of the individual marks. On the Reports>Submittal screen, there is a new report named Grouped Mark Numbers. Existing reports (door/frame schedule, etc.) will print the grouped mark number on the report. You can print the new report as a supplemental report.
· When exporting the Worksheet, all columns are now included in the export, including the TOTALS row.
Version 3.216, Released June 19, 2018
· In bids and jobs, you can now copy marks from existing bids and jobs. When in view "Openings (Horizontal)", click the new link Copy From Exisitng Bid/Job. Note: In a bid, only marks in an existing bid can be copied into the bid. You cannot copy marks from a job into a bid and vice versa. When you click the link, first choose the bid/job which contains the mark(s) to be copied (the list will be filtered so that only bids or jobs are listed). A list of marks will then be displayed. You can use the Shift key to choose a contiguous block of marks. Click the first mark, hold down the Shift key and then click the last mark. You can also click non-contiguous marks by clicking the first mark, hold down the Ctrl key and click any number of other desired marks. If a mark already exists in the open bid/job, you will get a message and you can cancel copying the duplicated mark into the bid/job. If the mark is associated with a heading, the heading will also be copied (and you will receive a prompt if the heading already exists in the bid/job). This is also true for: frame template, door template(s), architect frame type, architect door type, wall type, area, building and floor.
Version 3.215, Released May 14, 2018
· Price increase for Ceco hollow metal. May, 2018 price book.
Version 3.214, Released April 26, 2018
· Price increase for Curries hollow metal. May, 2018 price book.
Version 3.213, Released March 30, 2018
· Price increase for Timely frames. 2018 price book.
Version 3.212, Released March 22, 2018
· When creating headings, to the right of the contents of the quick pick list or Job BOM, there is a new button titled "Add Selected To Hdgs." You can now choose more than one item from the list (use the Ctrl key to choose more than one item), click this button and add all selected items to the heading at one time.
Version 3.211, Released March 15, 2018
· Under File>Setup>PWS>Miscellaneous, you can now disable the message box that appears when enter a frame and/or door size. Example:
The door sizes will automatically be calculated if the following option is enabled:
· Under File>Setup>PWS>Miscellaneous, you can now disable the message box that appears when you choose or edit a frame template. Example:
Opening sizes will not be updated if you enable the following option:
· On the Bid Worksheet, you can disable the prompt to set discount/net regardless of area:
Version 3.210, Released March 12, 2018
· Added help key "Shift plus F4." This expands upon the exisitng F4 functionality, we copy the contents of the selected cell to the row below. Pressing Shift and F4 at the same time performs the F4 function for the remainder of rows in the column.
· Under File>Setup>Password Protection, you can now enable/disable password protection on the End User database.
· Under File>Setup>PWS>Miscellaneous, you can now disable the pop-up box that appears when you double-click items to add them into the heading. For example when double clicking a Rockwood 406 in the Job BOM:
To disable the "configure"window, put a check box beside the new option below:
Version 3.209, Released March 8, 2018
· Added a new button in the "Edit Heading" screen titled Hardware Notes. Clicking the button opens a Word document that applies to all headings in the bid/job. This allows you to enter notes for all of the hardware and keep a list of repeating notes in the system (i.e. mounting locations that can be copied/pasted into the "INSTALLATION REMARK" column or lock functions throughout the whole job).
Version 3.208, Released February 21, 2018
· In Job>Overview>Notes, added a Word document named Job Progress Notes. This is simply a Word document that allows you to do free-from data entry to track revisions, etc.
· In the Job schedule, added a new column named DR SILL REMARKS. In Job>Reports>Submittal, added a new report named Door Sill Schedule. The contents of the report are mark number, door sill detail, door sill remarks and undercut.
Version 3.207, Released February 16, 2018
· Added column VENDOR QUOTE OVERRIDE to the Bid Worksheet. If a quote is different than the one specified in the Vendor Quote Table, you can override it in this column. Often times, there are multiple quotes from the same manufacturer. This gives the ability to specify the quote per line item. contractERP users: If overriden, the override will pass to contractERP; otherwise, it will be pulled from the Vendor Quote Table.
Version 3.206, Released February 6, 2018
· When you export the Worksheet to CSV, the total sell is now exported. In addition, if you are a contractERP user and you have to option to include the cERP unit cost in your worksheet, the cERP unit cost will now be exported.
· In jobs, a project manager has been added to the contractor. This is to handle cases where the contractor has their own manager, which is different than the project engineer. The contractor PM will print on the cover sheets, in the contractor area.
Version 3.205, Released January 29, 2018
· IMPORTANT for contractERP users only: A new proposal group has been added named PAINT INSTALL COSTS. This group will pass to contractERP as PAINT INST.
Version 3.204, Released January 24, 2018
· Added bid due and bid price to jobs. Though the data pertains to bids, it is useful when a bid is created directly as a job (thus skipping the bid phase)
Version 3.203, Released January 18, 2018
· Curries anchors. If you choose EWA or WEWA anchors, e/PWS will default to (and automatically) add the corresponding charge for the "holes and anchors"
Version 3.202, Released December 19, 2017
· Headings. If you change the current view to Marks In Heading, the door and frame remarks are now shown.
· Headings. When viewing the marks in the heading, there is a new button titled "Bulk Edit" to the right of the list of marks. Using this feature, you can quickly update certain fields that are commonly impacted by the contents of the heading. For example, if you change a threshold in your heading, you can click Bulk Edit and quickly adjust the door undercut for all marks in the heading.
Version 3.201, Released December 13, 2017
· Added support for Spartan and Viking hollow metal.
· Added a detailed, cost by opening by report.
· If you double-click on an item in a heading, the item will open in modify mode.
· When creating releases, shipping lists and purchase requisitions, the manufacturer, floor, building and finish are now shown in separate columns, allow ing you to quick sort material to add to a release, etc.
· Report filters. When you choose to filter by marks and click choose marks, you can now choose marks based on their anchor types.
· Opening schedule report. Added a checkbox to allow you to include/not include hardware that does not affect prepping.
· Door and frame request for quote reports. Added a checkbox to allow the mark numbers to not print.
· Headings. If you change the current view to Marks In Heading, the door and frame remarks are now shown.
Version 3.200, Released September 13, 2017
· Price increases for Republic hollow metal.
Version 3.199, Released August 14, 2017
· Price increases for Steelcraft hollow metal. These prices increases are effective August 12, 2017. If you wish to use older pricing on new jobs, you will need to choose to backdate the HM pricing in the bid/job overview dashboard.
Version 3.198, Released July 10, 2017
· contractERP users only. When you choose to Open Job, you can now filter the job list by the cERP Job Number.
· When you HIDE machining items in the Price Frames/Doors screen, you will now be prompted if you would like to hide it all other groups (by the same manufacturer) that contain the item.
· Price Frames/Doors Screen. You can now choose a group and then click Choose Based on Heading. All groups with the same heading will be automatically selected.
· On the Shipping Lists screen, you can now print all the various types of packing/delivery slips without having to go to the Reports screen. Click on the Print button and you will be prompted for the type of report to print.
· When entering keying, you can now specify the number of keys required per mark.
Version 3.197, Released July 7, 2017
· OPG MODE is now displayed in the group header when you Price Doors. This will help you identifiy when an active leaf is part of a pair.
Version 3.196, Released June 12, 2017
· Steelcraft elevations. If the frame construction is KD, you still incur cut and notch charges. Likewise, if the frame construction is one of the "by supplier options (such as SUA-S), you CAN still incur cut and notch charges. If you set that the frame prepping is by SUPPLIER, e/PWS will assume that you are using stock material and doing your own in-house cut and notching (the STE charges will not be added). If you set the frame prepping to MANUFACTURER (or leave blank), e/PWS will assume that you are ordering the elevation as essentially the same as KD, thus the STE cut/notch charges will be added.
Version 3.195, Released June 6, 2017
· Price Frames Screen. The wall type is now shown as part of the frame group description. You can now choose a frame group and then click Choose Based on Wall Type. All frame groups with the same wall type will be automatically selected.
· Added the ability to rename and delete headings when in the heading view.
Version 3.194, Released June 1, 2017
· Frame and Door Condensed Pricing reports. If the net price of the frame/door contains DLR prep charges, the DLR charges are now listed above the frame/door (for pricing clarification)
Version 3.193, Released April 26, 2017
· For the 3 new columns FR VERIFIED, DR VERIFIED and HW VERIFIED, the columns specific to each are now colored coded. If the frames are verified (Y), the frame columns for the mark are highlighted purple, door columns are highlighted blue and hardware columns are highlighted orange.
Version 3.192, Released April 25, 2017
· Two changes to improve speed when adding/deleting machining charges in Price Frames and Doors screens:
1. When you delete a manually added machining charge, you are prompted if you would like to delete the charge from ALL groups. If you answer No, you will now be prompted if you would like to delte for all groups that are in the same hardware heading.
2. You can now choose frame and door groups based on if they contain a particular hardware item. To do so, choose the hardware item in the bottom of the screen. Click Choose Based On Selected HW. All groups that contain the hardware item will be automatically selected.
Version 3.191, Released April 24, 2017
· In headings, there is now DLR notes in addtion to the normal notes. These notes do not print and are not used. They allow you to enter notes to yourself to remind/explain hardware choices.
Example: a change was made in the hardware from received approvals. Provides a location to reference this change and documentation.
Example: notes for purchasing as to why a hardware item was scheduled
Version 3.190, Released April 12, 2017
· Increased functionalty to mark an opening as Verified. The current VERIFIED? column has been renamed to OPG VERIFIED? In addition, 3 new columns have been created: FR VERIFIED, DR VERIFIED and HW VERIFIED
Version 3.189, Released March 29, 2017
· CHANGE TO FUNCTIONALITY ADDED IN VERSION 3.187
Similar to the labels, you can now also address DLR anchor preps. If you set FR PREPPING to SUPPLIER, e/PWS will look for an exact match on the anchor name. For example, you can create a DLR machining prep with the same of EMA, etc.
It has been brought to our attention that the jamb depth could affect the cost of DLR anchor preps. The jamb depth should now be appended to the name of the anchor. Example: if a frame has a 5 3/4 jamb depth and uses EMA anchors, a DLR charge should be created named EMA-5 3/4.
The qty of anchors will be set to the number of jamb anchors entered in the schedule.
If the number of jamb anchors has not been entered, the qty of anchors will default based on the frame height.
If the height is less than or equal to 5-0, they qty will be 4.
If the height is greater than 5 -0 and less than or equal to 7-6, they qty will be 6..
If the height is greater than 7 -6 and less than or equal to 10-0, they qty will be 8..
If the height is greater than 10-0, the qty will be 10.
Version 3.188, Released March 22, 2017
· THIS CHANGE HAS BEEN BACKED OUT:
Pertains to contractERP users only: For hardware items, the hardware type was passed as the item's category code. This has been changed to the hardware type to print. This is for MISCELLANEOUS items. If you override the type to print, it will now pass in lieu of MISCELLANEOUS.
Version 3.187, Released March 20, 2017
· For frames and doors, you can now address DLR applied labels. If you set FR PREPPING (for frames) or DR PREPPING (for doors) to SUPPLIER, e/PWS will look for a label charge by DLR. For format for the DLR charge should be list agency, followed by a dash, followed by the fire rating chosen from the drop-down list. For example, "UL-45 MIN"
· Similar to the labels, you can now also address DLR anchor preps. If you set FR PREPPING to SUPPLIER, e/PWS will look for an exact match on the anchor name. For example, you can create a DLR machining prep with the same of EMA, etc.
Version 3.186, Released March 16, 2017
· Pertains to contractERP users only: For hardware items, the hardware type was passed as the item's category code. This has been changed to the hardware type to print. This is for MISCELLANEOUS items. If you override the type to print, it will now pass in lieu of MISCELLANEOUS.
Version 3.185, Released March 6, 2017
· Pertains to contractERP users only: A recent change was made to pass building and floor information to cERP. This has caused issues inside of the cERP reporting feature. Under File>Setup>PWS>Miscellaneous, there is a new default option for passing building and floor information to cERP. Each time you go under Order Management, a new option "Send Buildings And Floors" will default based upon this default option. For each push to cERP, can you choose if you would like to send building and floor information.
Version 3.184, Released January 2, 2017
· Pertains to contractERP users only: When passing frame and door preps to cERP, some manufacturer prep codes to not denote the quantity of the prep required. For example, the Steelcraft prep code for 4 1/2" standard weight hinges is H45. If you stock Steelcraft frames, you do not know if you should pull a frame with 3, 4, etc. hinge preps. There is a new option that can be enabled (per user under File>Setup>PWS>Accounting>ContractERP area) titled " When passing prep codes, send the qty as part of the code" If enabled and the quantity of preps required is greater than 1, e/PWS will pass the prep code in the format (#)prep. In this example, if 3 hinge preps are required, e/PWS will pass (3)H45.
· Default freight table. There a new option titled "FIXED, PER ITEM" The current "FIXED" freight option is the freight per shipment. Some manufactures charge freight per item. The new option allows freight to be setup so e/PWS will multiply the frame input per the quantity of items. For exmaple, if you have 20 frames and 20 doors, the freight input amount (X) will be multiplied to carry X x 20 frames and X x 20 doors.
Version 3.184, Released January 2, 2017
· Price updates for de la Fontaine hollow metal.
· IMPORTANT for contractERP users: When passing frames and doors to cERP, e/PWS now detects if a hinge prep was not passed and passes a blank value (this is to assist in pulling from inventory) This is the same functionality that has always been present for strike, lock, closer preps, etc. The logic for passing blank hinge preps has been added.
Version 3.183, Released December 8, 2016
· Under File>Setup>Password Protection, you can now choose if you want to password protect all settings under File>Setup>PWS and the locking/unlocking of jobs. By default, these are protected, you can now disable password protection.
Version 3.182, Released December 1, 2016
· In addition to duplicating areas, you can now duplicate buildings and floors.
Version 3.181, Released November 29, 2016
· IMPORTANT for contractERP users: In hardware headings, you are able to enter Ordering Specifications and Installation Remarks for each hardware item. If entered, these values are now passed to cERP in attributes Order Specifications and Installation Remarks respectively.
Version 3.180, Released November 10, 2016
· Added two new column in the job schedule view: CHANGE ORDER and CHANGE ORDER NOTES. These are free-form fields so you can easily denote if a change order affected a mark and enter notes pertaining to the CO.
· Under the job's Bill To/Ship To, added two new buttons: Search and Use Default. These two buttons allow you to access the shipping addresses entered under FIle>Setup>Company Preferences.
· Added additional columns to the import template for buildings and floors. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 3.179, Released November 4, 2016
· You can now view what headings include a hardware item in the bill of materials list. You can highlight an item and then scroll to the right. The list of headings is listed right after the price book date
Version 3.178, Released October 7, 2016
· Price updates for Steelcraft hollow metal to 2016 price book
Version 3.177, Released October 3, 2016
· When creating a release, you can now filter by buildings and floors.
Version 3.176, Released September 27, 2016
· Added buildings and floors to bids.
Version 3.175, Released September 22, 2016
· Added Veneer Match to door types.
· Steelcraft doors only. If a flush bolt is attached to the inactive leaf of a pair, a no charge flush bolt prep will be added (in addition to the current inactive leaf prep that includes a flush bolt and an astragal)
· In the Job BOM view (in a heading), you can now easily add a hardware net price to any item in the BOM. To do so, choose the item from the list and click Add Net.
· When entering keying, added the ability to record up to two cylinder numbers.
· When you import marks from a template (by clicking Import inside of a bid/job dashboard), you will be prompted if you would like to overwrite the existing marks or append the marks to the existing bid/job's marks.
Version 3.174, Released September 15, 2016
· Price updates for Ceco hollow metal to September 12, 2016 price book.
Version 3.173, Released September 6, 2016
· Price updates for Curies hollow metal to September 12, 2016 price book.
Version 3.172, Released August 2, 2016
· Price updates for Pioneer hollow metal to August 1, 2016 price book.
Version 3. 171, Released July 29, 2016
· In the schedule, if you enter a name of a heading that does not exist and answer "No" to the prompt "Would you like to create the heading?," an empty heading will automatically be created.
· When choosing report filters and choose to filter by marks, you can now choose rated marks or marks of a particular type (HMF, HMD, etc.) If you click Choose Marks.... you can continue to choose various types to choose marks of more than one type.
Version 3. 170, Released June 24, 2016
· Changed the order of the views in bids and jobs. Wall types, frame types, door types are now ordered before the openings horizontal and vertical. This better mimics the order of data entry.
· Added frame face to frame types.
· Frame shop reports style 3. If a frame is unequal, e/PWS now prints the leaf sizes in addtion to UNEQUAL.
· In a heading, marks in heading view, the undercut is now displayed for each mark.
Version 3. 169, Released June 9, 2016
· Similar to areas, job reports can be filtered by building and floor.
Version 3. 168, Released May 26, 2016
· You can now enter frame series as part of frame types.
· In the Price Frames and Price Doors screens, any frames/doors with a list price of zero is now shown in red font.
Version 3. 167, Released May 17, 2016
· You can now create report packages in a bid. Similar to a submittal package in a job, you can now print various reports to a single PDF.
Version 3. 166, Released April 12, 2016
· Added support for Pioneer Industries. Manufacturer abbreviation is PIO
· Added support for Masonite Doors (Commercial product offering). Manufacturer abbreviation is MAS..
Version 3.165, Released April 6, 2016
· Applies to user that are connected to contractERP Only. To assist in pulling inventory for anchors, e/PWS now appends "-DLR" to the to the anchor name if FR PREPPING is set to SUPPLIER..
For example on jamb anchors where the FR PREPPING is SUPPLIER:
Instead of just passing the anchor name and jamb depth:
<Attribute Code="Right Jamb Anchor">
e/PWS will now pass the name, dash, jamb depth, dash, then -DLR
<Attribute Code="Right Jamb Anchor">
Version 3.164, Released April 1, 2016 HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!
· No Joke:-) In addtiion to creating global/company specific submittal packages, you can now create job specific submittal packages. Some customers create door/frame submittal packages and hardware submittal packages separately. This feature allows you to create these per job and easily toggle between them.
Version 3.163, Released March 23, 2016
· When modifying bid/job specific hardware discounts, you can now choose to copy discounts from an existing bid/job in addition to the global discounts.
· Added the hardware/opening schedule report in estimates. The report is listed under "Other."
· Comment lines now apply to the hardware/opening schedule report. Please note: the initial comment does not apply to this report, as the report is sorted by heading name, not mark name.
Version 3.162, Released March 10, 2016 PM
· Price updates for Mesker hollow metal to March 1, 2016 price book.
Version 3.161, Released March 10, 2016 AM
· In addition to frame and hardware install costs, you can now track door install costs. IMPORTANT for contractERP users only: A new proposal group has been added named DOOR INSTALL COSTS. This group will pass to contractERP as DR INST.
Version 3.160, Released March 8, 2016
· Enhancement to the free-form comments you can add to the door/frame schedule reports. You can now enter a comment that will print BEFORE the first mark.
Version 3.159, Released March 2, 2016
· In Jobs>Order Management, you can now filter releases by building and floor (in addition to area)
Version 3.158, Released March 1, 2016
· You can now add free-form comments to the door/frame schedule reports. To do so, click Comment Lines... on the reports screen (in the door/frame schedule area). You enter comments after desired marks. This can be used to separate areas, floors, etc in an easy manner. Also, you can choose that a page break is inserted before each comment.
Version 3.157, Released February 16, 2016
· When creating export files for OEW and COW, e/PWS will now also create a text file listing potential hardware prep omissions in the export file. For example, if you create an export file for OEW named "STE FRAMES," a file named "STE FRAMES_errors" will also be created if potential errors are detected.
· You can now print the price per openging reports grouped by proposal group name. This will sum all frame, door and hardware for each mark as a group.
Version 3.156, Released February 12, 2016
· In April, 2015, a change was made to allow the frame fire rating and the door fire rating to be different. Please refer to the change described in version 3.136. Since the update, only the frame's fire rating has been printing on the hardware schedules. A change has been made so that the hardware schedules will now print the rating for the door, then the rating for the frame (in case they are not the same rating.)
Version 3.155, Released February 10, 2016
· Price increases for Baron hollow metal. These prices increases are effective March 14, 2016. If you wish to use 2011 pricing on new jobs, you will need to choose to backdate the HM pricing in the bid/job overview dashboard.
· When printing the frame/door group and pricing reports, you can now filter which manufacturer(s) you want to include in the reports. Note: this does apply to bulk bids.
Version 3.154, Released February 8, 2016
· Added additional columns to the import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please download to your computer by choosing FIle>Download Import Template. To save to your local computer, expand Computer on the left hand side and you will see your local hard drives.
Version 3.153, Released February 4, 2016
· Price increases for Fleming hollow metal. These prices increases are effective March 14, 2016. If you wish to use 2011 pricing on new jobs, you will need to choose to backdate the HM pricing in the bid/job overview dashboard.
Version 3.152, Released February 2, 2016
· For data entry in jobs only, you can now setup buildings and floors in addition to areas. Please see the two new data entry sections when creating areas. Note: inside of e/PWS, this is for data entry purposes only. You cannot filter bid worksheets or reports based on buildings and floors, only areas.
Version 3.151, Released January 26, 2016
· You can now export the bid takeoff (detailed only) and job schedule to a csv file. A csv file stands for comma separated variable. This file can then be imported and manipulated inside of Microsoft Excel, or any package that accepts a csv import file. See the new link "Export To CSV" below the takeoff and schedule. Note: To force Excel to not convert opening sizes (such as 3-6) to a date (such as March 6), opening sizes are exported surrounded by parenthesis.
Version 3.150, Released January 18, 2016
· You can now create a bid from an existing job. See the new option "Create From Existing Job" in the dashboard.
· Added Hurricane Resistant door series for Curries. See new series that end in "HR"
Version 3.149, Released January 13, 2016
· When printing hardware request for quotes, you can now combine all Allegion, ASSA and Stanley products on a single request for quote. To do so, put a check mark beside ASSA, ALLEGION or STANLEY when choosing a manufacturer to print (instead of choosing each individual manufacturer)
Version 3.148, Released October 14, 2015
· When drawing frame templates, changes were made to minimize the occurence of profile balloons being obscured or placed under the section/profile (affecting readability). The length of the leader line to the ballon was reduced and the font size used to list the profile name was reduced. PLEASE NOTE: In order to update the drawing for the template, the template must be edited using the latest version or above. After editing, click Save and Return to force the image to update.
Version 3.147, Released September 3, 2015
· Improved product handling for VT Industries (VTI) wood doors. When creating a door template for VTI, the series options now include ART (Artistry) and HER (Heritage). The older series (HPDL, SR and WV) still exist to support existing jobs. In the future, the real series options (ART and HER) should be used. You can now choose the door style from our generic library (to represent the door on the submittal) AND you can choose the VTI door type in the drop-down below. The door core options for VTI are also available. Cut sheets specific to the VTI door type are now supported.
Version 3.146, Released August 14, 2015
· You can now create a bid or job using an import template. We have a predefined Excel worksheet into which you can copy/paste the data from the architect. You then save the Excel worksheet to a tab delimited (.txt) file and you can import the bid/job from the .txt file. To get a copy of the template worksheet, please send an email to email@example.com..
· IMPORTANT for contractERP users only: For hardware, ePWS currently sends the combined discount for each material list item, (e.g. 50/5 in ePWS shows up as 52.5% discount in cERP). To assist with cross-checking vendor purchase orders, a Discount attribute code is now sent to cERP. The value is the entire discount structure on the ePWS worksheet, displayed as a single string separated by a slash delimiter (i.e. 50/40 or 50/40/10/5 depending on how many tiers are used)
Version 3.145, Released July 9, 2015
· IMPORTANT for contractERP users only: A new proposal group has been added named PREHUNG UNITS.
· You can now export an entire order to OEW or COW. This is useful if you want to order the contents of more than one release at a time from Steelcraft and Curries. This cuts down on the amount of paperwork required outside of e/PWS. To export an entire order, right click on the name of the order and choose one of the Export Options. You will then be able to choose which marks you want to include in the export file.
Version 3.144, Released July 1, 2015
· Under Password Protection you can now choose which databases to protect. You can allow access to architects, contractors, employees, manufacturers and vendors independently.
Version 3.143, Released June 24, 2015
· Added a new door type "FWD" for FSC certified wood doors. This will allow FSC and non-FSC doors to be on the same job, yet in separate proposal groups in the worksheet. The proposal group for FWD doors will default to "FSC DOORS" instead of "WOOD DOORS." The FSC DOORS will be sent to contractERP as cateogry FSC WD.
· You can now choose an item from the Job BOM and add to more than one heading. To do so, choose the item and click Add To Mult to the right of the contents of the BOM. Put a checkmark beside each desired heading .
· When manually adding an item to the bid worksheet, you can now enter the line item's type, id and quantity.
Version 3.142, Released June 16, 2015
· You can now export the bid and job worksheet to a csv file. A csv file stands for comma separated variable. This file can then be imported and manipulated inside of Microsoft Excel, or any package that accepts a csv import file.
Version 3.141, Released June 11, 2015
· Change to frame and door shop reports. These reports are now printed in group order. There is an index printed at the end of the report so that you can easily locate the group for a particular mark number.
· e/PWS now tracks each time a user opens a bid/job. To view the list of users who have opened the job (and the date they opened it), click View User Log... in the Overview dashboard of the bid/job.
Version 3.140, Released May 27, 2015
· Under the worksheet, two new options have been added. Similar to adding a bond line to the worksheet, you can now add lines for MISC SURCHARGE and USE TAX.
· MISC SURCHARGE allows you to build in coverage for potential unknown costs. This calcuation is a value of % vs. the total material cost (including door/frame charges) on the job and is taxable.
· Use Tax is an ‘alternate’ tax that states can apply. It is separate from sales tax and is typically used on jobs where material is installed. The tax is assessed against the cost of the material including the misc surcharge (but no markup, no freight, no DLR Charges, and no INSTALL COSTS are included in the calculation).
Version 3.139, Released May 18, 2015
· Under Jobs>Reports>Hardware, you can now print the summary report grouped by heading instead of mark number.
· In the Worksheet>Proposal and Bid Analysis Groups view, added a cost column to allow you to quickly populate SELL TO SHOW based on the cost versus sell.
Version 3.138, Released May 7, 2015
· Under FIle>Setup>PWS>Miscellaneous, there is a new option " Display warning message if material in a release is modified." If you enable this feature, you will receive a warning message anytime you modify material that is in a release (in the Order Management area)
· Added versions of the frame and door shop reports that group by like prepping. See new "(Grouped By Prep)" versions of the reports. The heading is not used for the grouping, only the prepping of the frame/door.
· Similar to the shop reports, added a version of the wood door request for quote that groups door by like prepping versus heading. See the new version "(Wood Door, Grouped By Prep)"
Version 3.137, Released April 29, 2015
· IMPORTANT for contractERP users: The frame template name (from column DRAW/FR TEMPLATE) is now being passed to cERP as attribute Fr Template.
Version 3.136, Released April 28, 2015
· Currently in e/PWS, there is only one entry for fire rating. It applies to both the frame and the door. This has been separated so that the frame and door can have different fire ratings. There are now two columns that you can add to your view: FR FIRE RATING and DR FIRE RATING. The previous column named FIRE RATING has been renamed to FR FIRE RATING. On existing jobs, the contents of the FR FIRE RATING will automatically be copied to DR FIRE RATING when a bid/job is opening. Please add both columns into your view to ensure you can see the labeling for both the frame and the door. IMPORTANT for contractERP users: Currently, one attribute is passed to cerp named “Fire Rating." e/PWS is now passing a new attribute for doors named “Dr Fire Rating.”
· When choosing Report Filters and filtering by Marks, there is a new button titled "Choose Rated Marks." This will allow you to quickly filter reports based on rated openings.
Version 3.135, Released April 20, 2015
· Significantly reduced the amount of time required to refresh the data in the takeoff/schedule screens. For a 1500 opening job, the length of time to refresh all possible data for for 1500 openings was reduced from 2 minutes to 3 seconds. One side effect of this change is that drop-down boxes do not appear to be drop-downs until you tab into the cell. This is now normal and has no negative side effects. When you tab into a double-click a cell, it will turn into a drop-down as required.
Version 3.134, Released April 1, 2015
· In addition to the HW FOR REFERENCE ONLY? column in the takeoff/schedule, there is now a FOR REFERENCE ONLY? column that applies to each item in a heading. You can continue to use the HW FOR REFERENCE ONLY column in the schedule to quickly set all items in a mark’s heading to reference only. Or, you can leave this column set to N and set individual items in the heading to YES/NO. This is useful if some of the items in the heading are being supplied while others are entered for prepping purposes only. In the heading, if the FOR REFERENCE ONLY is set to YES, the background of the cell is shown with a red background to flag the item. Also, the text “(B/O, FOR REF ONLY)” is printed as part of the item’s description on all applicable reports.
· The meaning of the HIGHLIGHT? column has been expanded. It is no longer Y/N. Y now stands for yellow. N stands for no or none. The following options have been added: B for blue, G for green, O for orange, R for red and P for purple.
Version 3.133, Released February 20, 2015
· Added a new option under File>Setup>PWS. Under Miscellaneous, there is a new option titles “Disable report option prompts when printing the submittal package.” If you enable this option, you will no longer receive the popup box titled “Schedule Print Options” when you print the configured submittal package. You will still receive the popup when you print each report separately.
Version 3.132, Released February 12, 2015
· CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. New proposal group available: FSC DOORS. If you plan to use this new group, you will need to add FSC DOOR as a valid item category in contractERP.
Version 3.131, Released February 2, 2015
· Added List Price Only versions of the Price Frames and Doors reports.
· Added calculation of frame and door weight (approximate) for Curries in the Worksheet..
Version 3.130, Released January 28, 2015
· Added Interior/Exterior column in bids.
· Added ability to enter vendor quotes in bids. In the bid overview area, there is a new link in the dashboard titled "Vendor Quotes..."
Version 3.129, Released January 16, 2015
· Enhancement to the new "Vendor Quotes..." functionality. You can enter expiration dates for vendor quotes. contractERP Only: this information is now passed into field Quote_Expiration_Date in the Material List area.
Version 3.128, Released January 13, 2015
· In the job overview area, there is a new link in the dashboard titled "Vendor Quotes..." Using this new feature you can record the quote numbers specific to each vendor in the job. contractERP Only: this information is now passed into field Vendor_Quote_No in the Material List area.
Version 3.127, Released January 12, 2015
· The list of door options for core and finish is now filtered to be specific to HM and WD doors.
· To improve the project management screen, 3 new columns have been added: finish, qp code, and heading. In addition, a new drop-down list has been added to allow you to filter the list by heading.
Version 3.126, Released January 9, 2015
· When printing frame elevations, you can now choose to include the plan view on 3 sideds only, elevations only, or both.
Version 3.125, Released December 26, 2014
· CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. New proposal group available: FIELD MEASUREMENT. If you plan to use this new group, you will need to add as a valid item category in contractERP.
Version 3.124, Released December 18, 2014
· CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. Two new proposal groups are available: LOOSE HARDWARE and ATTIC STOCK. If you plan to use these new groups, you will need to add them as a valid item category in contractERP.
Version 3.123, Released December 1, 2014
· In jobs, added new column "Reverse Swing" which allows frames to be prepped for dual swings. This data will print on d/f schedule style 9 as well as frame shop report, style 3.
Version 3.122, Released November 11, 2014
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. Two new attributes are now being passed to cERP for both frames and doors: Degree Swing Act and Degree Swing Inact.
Version 3.121, Released October 21, 2014
· You can now enter a default FSC certification number under File>Setup>PWS. When you change the door type of WD (or any wood door type), the number will automatically populate in column WD FSC NUMBER (act and inact if applicable)
· Added a finish column to the list of quick pick codes drop-down (displayed below the contents of the heading)
· If hardware items have a quick pick code, the code is now shown on the Worksheet. It is located in parenthesis following the part number.
Version 3.120, Released October 7, 2014
· Added support for Steelcraft price increase effective Oct 6, 2014. If your bid/job uses STE pricing prior to Oct 6, 2014, you will be prompted if you would like to update to current pricing each time you open the bid/job.
· The hollow metal price book date is now printed on the frame and door pricing reports for the following manufacturers: STE, CUR, CEC, MES. All other HM manufacturers currently only have one price book.
Version 3.119, Released October 6, 2014
· You are no longer required to prepend zeros in front of your heading names. Previously, when printing the hardware schedule, you had to enter the heading names as 01, 02, ..., 10 in order for them to sort correctly. This has been corrected and you can now create the heading names as 1, 2, ..., 10.
Version 3.118, Released September 25, 2014
· Added two new columns in jobs: WD PANEL OPTIONS allows you to enter panel options (flat, raised, etc.). DR GLASS TYPE allows you to enter glass info (frosted, clear, etc.)
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. The data in the two new columns will pass to cERP as new attributes WD Panel Options and Dr Glass Type. Also, Dr GlassThickness is now being passed and Glass Thickness for frames was changed to Fr Glass Thickness.
Version 3.117, Released September 18, 2014
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. To acommodate FSC certification programs, a new product group has been created. For wood doors that have a FSC certification entered, the product group will be passed as FSC DOOR versus DOOR. Please add this as a valid product group in contractERP.
Version 3.116, Released September 8, 2014
· Added frame throat as an attribute for wall type.
Version 3.115, Released August 25, 2014
· Applies to users of contractERP only. Previously, e/PWS would only pass a product group code of HMSL if the opening mode was set to ELEV. e/PWS will now pass this this code if the opg mode is SLG or PR, yet the frame template is drawn with side lites.
Version 3.114, Released July 30, 2014
· Applies to users of contractERP only. Added a new attribute code to pass the area for hardware. Attribute is named HW Area.
Version 3.113, Released July 24, 2014
· Applies to users of contractERP only. Added two new attribute codes: Fr Area and Dr Area.
Version 3.112, Released July 21, 2014
· Applies to users of contractERP only. In the job's worksheet, the proposal groups are now a drop-down list of valid options are the recognized by both e/PWS and contractERP. You can still overwrite the contents of the group with a free-form group name (if needed); however, this helps you choose from a valid list of options.
Version 3.111, Released July 11, 2014
· COW Export. The door undercut was always exported to COW as a special instruction. The undercut is now exported only if it is not the standard undercut of 5/8.
· Added Door Templates to the bid module. You can continue to not use door templates and choose the door series and style from the drop-down list. Optionally, you can create door templates. If a door template is chosen for a mark, the door series and style are grayed out (just like in a job). The benefit to using door templates in a bid is that the template will automatically be copied into the job (if the bid is awarded) and manually added machining codes will be maintained (as e/PWS will no longer group the doors differently)
Version 3.110, Released July 4, 2014 (Happy 4th of July!)
· In bids, when you choose multiple contractors (up to 20), the additional contractor names will appear in the open bid screen. Allowing you to filter on each contractor for viewing bid status.
Version 3.109, Released July 1, 2014
· You can now create your own statuses for Bid Status and Job Status. Please see new menu picks under File>Setup>Company Preferences. Also, to quickly add when entering a bid/job, click the Status link to the left of the status in the overview area.
Version 3.108, Released June 20, 2014
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. To acommodate FSC certification programs, a new ITEM CATEGORY was created. For wood doors that have a FSC certification entered, the item category will be passed as FSC WD DOOR versus WD DOOR. Please add this as a valid item category in contractERP.
Version 3.107, Released June 9, 2014
· IMPORTANT CHANGE that applies to users that are connected to contractERP Only. Because the finish for both frames and doors used the same attribute code “Finish” we were asked to separate into two difference codes: “Fr Finish” and “Dr Finish” to make it easier to query for material. Please make the appropriate changes in your attribute tables.
Version 3.106, Released May 21, 2014
· Added door edge and thickness to door types.
Version 3.105, Released May 1, 2014
· You can now create company wide defaults for handling freight. Please see File>Setup>Company Preferences>Freight Defaults. You can setup a default freight buying program if you have one. For example, if you have a standard default freight percentage for Steelcraft, you can setup that the default freight method is "% COST" and that the freight in is 10%. These defaults will automatically apply to each bid and job and can then you can override the freight in the worksheet of the specific bid/job if needed.
· On Job reports, you can now override the person that is printed in the report footer>Submitted by. By default, the project manager is printed. Using this feature, you can choose the hollow metal, wood door, or hardware engineer.
Version 3.104, Released March 28, 2014
· Added ability to enter a description for releases, shipping lists, and purchase requisitions. This will allow you to enter any special reason the material is on a separate release, list, or requisition. Such as: freight damage, lost material, change order, etc.
Version 3.103, Released March 7, 2014
· Added support for Curries price increase effective March 1, 2014. If your bid/job uses CUR pricing from 2008 or 2012, you will be prompted if you would like to update to 2014 pricing each time you open the bid/job.
Version 3.102, Released March 5, 2014
· Added support for Ceco price increase effective March 1, 2014. If your bid/job uses CEC pricing from 2008 or 2012, you will be prompted if you would like to update to 2014 pricing each time you open the bid/job.
· Added support for Steelcraft price increase effective March 3, 2014. If your bid/job uses STE pricing from 2010, 2012 or 2013, you will be prompted if you would like to update to 2014 pricing each time you open the bid/job.
Version 3.101, Released Februrary 26, 2014
· IMPORTANT CHANGE FOR DAYBAR. Due to an initial misinterpretation of the daybar price book, we have had to change the name of teh door series.
LS ENG is obsolete and is now just LS (lock seam)
DE series is Delta series with lock seam.
DEW is Delta series with welded seams
CE is Decorator Series (for the 6 panel embossed door)
When you open an exsting bid/job, the door series will automatically convert from old name to new name.
Version 3.100, Released Februrary 25, 2014
· Added support for Mesker price increase effective March 1, 2014. If your bid/job uses MES pricing from 2011, you will be prompted if you would like to update to 2014 pricing each time you open the bid/job.
Version 3.99, Released January 31, 2014
· e/PWS now has its own app store. More and more apps will be added to the store. For details, go under Help>App Store.
Version 3.98, Released January 24, 2014
· Added ability to enter a default markup for items in the bid worksheet. See the new "Default Markup" under File>Setup>PWS.
· Removed "Treat As Door Only" and "Treat As Hardware Only" columns. Added new column "HW For Reference Only." The “Treat As ...” options did not cover all the scenarios. That is, what if you are providing the door AND hardware? Having the "Treat As..." options only let you provide the frame, door, OR hardware. Not any combination of the 3. That is, what if you are providing the door and hardware, but not the frame.
If the "HW For Reference Only" is set to "Y", e/PWS will use the hardware to prep frames and doors, print on all needed reports but will not include the hardware in the worksheet and the hardware cannot be released.
Instead of using "Treat As Door Only," you can use the B/O (by other) for frames and doors to accomplish this task.
Here are a few examples of combining "B/O" functionality with the new "HW For Reference Only":
If you are only purchasing the frame:
1. Configure the frame as normal
2. Configure the door (if desired) and use B/O functionality.
3. Configure hardware and set “HW For Reference Only” to “Y”
If you are only purchasing the door:
1. Configure the frame (if desired) and use B/O functionality
2. Configure the door as normal
3. Configure hardware and set “HW For Reference Only” to “Y”
If you are purchasing the frame AND door:
1. Configure the frame as normal
2. Configure the door as normal
3. Configure hardware and set “HW For Reference Only” to “Y”
If you are purchasing just hardware
1. Configure the frame (if desired) and use B/O functionality
2. Configure the door (if desired) and use B/O functionality.
3. Configure hardware and set “HW For Reference Only” to “N”
Version 3.97, Released January 7, 2014
· Added a column for wood frame (WDF) jamb depth when creating wall types.
Version 3.96, Released November 29, 2013
· The selection process has been changed in the hardware configurator. Instead of using drop-down lists for options, the configurator now displays a selection box below the list of options. You can use the arrow key to select the desired option and hit Enter to choose the option. In addiition, there is a Filter box to the left of the new selection box to filter the list of options shown If you require more details or explanation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Version 3.95, Released October 18, 2013
· Added support for All Steel Doors. Manufacturer abbreviation is ASD.
Version 3.94, Released September 26, 2013
· Added support for Hollow Metal Xpress. Manufacturer abbreviation is HMX.
Version 3.93, Released September 20, 2013
· Added a new column in the Job Schedule data entry. The new column is named "SORT ORDER." Using this column, you can quickly rearrange and then re-index the openings. The contents of this column typically mirrors the index column values, but can be edited so you can then sort ascending/descending very quickly and then reset mark indexes accordingly (which resets the contents of this column to match the index). The column allows decimals, allowing you to easily insert several lines between two existing lines (e.g. enter 0001.1 and 0001.2 to place 2 openings between 0001 and 0002) without having to renumber the rest of the openings (after 0002 in this example).
Version 3.92, Released September 11, 2013
· Added support for Five Lakes Manufacturing wood doors. Manufacturer abbreviation is FIV.
Version 3.91, Released August 20, 2013
· You can now attach catalog cut sheets to items in your hardware customer database. These cut sheets will print when you print the other cut sheets for your job. NOTE: You can attach a single PDF to a hardware item. This single PDF can contain multiple pages.
Version 3.90, Released August 16, 2013
· Added a glass schedule report for frames (elevations). Provides a list of glass, detailing the size and thickness required. Please see Glass Schedule - Frames in the Submittal reports area.
Version 3.89, Released August 2, 2013
· Added enhanced report filtering capability. You can now have multiple filters for reports. Examples: specific mark #’s & specific modes, specific mark #’s & specific areas, etc
Version 3.88, Released August 1, 2013
· Added ability to control the section numbers printed at the top of the cover sheets. In a job, refer to the new fields Hollow Metal Specification, Wood Door Specification, and Hardware Specification located under Overview>Job Information. Whatever is typed into these fields will print at the top of the pertinant cover sheet.
Version 3.87, Released July 31, 2013
· Added frame and door label reports.
Version 3.86, Released July 26, 2013
· Added abilty to filter reports by opening mode.
Version 3.85, Released July 19, 2013
· Added Key Symbol/Bitting List report.
· Added ability to enter notes for frame and door types.
Version 3.84, Released June 24, 2013
· Added support for Steelcraft price increase effective July 1, 2013. If your bid/job uses STE pricing from 2010 or 2012, you will be prompted if you would like to update to 2013 pricing each time you open the bid/job.
Version 3.83, Released April 29, 2013
· Applies to user that are connected to contractERP Only. To assist in pulling inventory for anchors and spreader bars, e/PWS now passes the jamb depth appended to the anchor name and passes a new attribute named Spreader Bar on welded frames.
For example on jamb anchors
Instead of just passing the anchor name:
<Attribute Code="Right Jamb Anchor">
e/PWS will now pass the name, followed by a dash, then the jamb depth
<Attribute Code="Right Jamb Anchor">
To map ‘sized’ spreader bars, a new attribute code Spreader Bar is passed when the FR CONSTR value indicates welding and the attribute value contains the “Width.” See example below for a welded frame that is 4-0 wide:
<Attribute Code="Spreader Bar">
Version 3.82, Released April 4, 2013
· You can now export the contents of a release to Curries COW.
Version 3.81, Released March 29, 2013
· IMPORTANT CHANGE FOR CUST DB (Custom Hardware Database). When you create a bid/job, a copy of the current CUST DB is copied into the bid/job. You can then add/modify/delete and only affect the custom database for that bid/job. The menu pick under Company Preferences affects the company wide or "master" CUST DB. With this change, if you have to add a lot of custom parts for a particular job, it does not affect the master database and make it too large to maintain. Also, if a user modifies an existing database item for a particular bid/job, it does not affect existing bids/jobs that use the same database item.
Version 3.80, Released March 27, 2013
· You can now unarchive bids and jobs. See the new Un Archive button at the bottom of the screen when choosing bids/jobs to open.
Version 3.79, Released March 21, 2013
· IMPORTANT CHANGE FOR CURRIES DOORS. Curries doors series have been consolidated. Previously, there were different door series to include the door style as part of the series. The door edge is now handled in a separate column. For example, door series 707S, 707N, and 707T has been consolidated into door series 707 and you choose the door edge in column DR EDGE. e/PWS automatically converts older bids/jobs into the new Curries structure. That is, the door series is automatically updated and the edge is automatically placed in column DR EDGE.
· We now support entering hospital stop information in the schedule. See new column FR HOSP STOPS. For supported manufacturers, applicable frame machining charges will be added. For Steelcraft, this information will automatically pass to OEW.
Version 3.78, Released March 11, 2013
· When printing frame elevations, you can now choose an option to print "Varies" for 3-sided frames. For existing jobs, you will need to edit the frame templates to force e/PWS to generate an image that uses "Varies" for the opening size.
Version 3.77, Released March 8, 2013
· Added ability to including pricing information in bid request for quote.
· Added ability to update quick pick libraries to the latest price book. When maning quick pick libraries, see new button "Update Pricing"
· Now show 8 most recent bids/jobs instead of 4.
· Added Division 10 cover sheet and schedule.
Version 3.76, Released January 21, 2013
· In preparation for integration with Marshfield's Door Builder (DB) program, the door series for MDS is now a drop-down list instead of free-form data entry. Although, to support older bids and jobs, you can also manually type in a door series. Also, when creating a door template (specific to jobs), there is a new drop-down titled "MDS Type." Using this drop-down you will choose the door style as it is known inside of the DB program. Since these are all flush door styles that you configure inside of DB, you still choose from emullion's generic library of door styles, allowing you to generate submittal drawings for the doors. The new MDB Type is the door style that will be passed to DB.
Version 3.75, Released December 14, 2012
· We now support and automatically price Amweld (Black Mountain Door) hollow metal.
Version 3.74, Released December 11, 2012
· Added two new wood door columns that are available for jobs: WD VENEER GRADE and WD PERFORMANCE DUTY LEVEL.
Version 3.73, Released December 6, 2012
· You can now include leaf sizes when you print the Door Details reports.
· Division 10 items are now listed in Proposal Group "SPECIALTIES" in the Bid Worksheet
Version 3.72, Released December 5, 2012
· You can now attach images, PDFs, etc to individual mark numbers, wall types, frame types, door types, and profile templates.
Version 3.71, Released December 4, 2012
· We now support and automatically price Vision hollow metal.
Version 3.70, Released November 29, 2012
· Added ability to add freight and up to 5 miscellaneous charges to purchase orders.
Version 3.69, Released November 28, 2012
· Added portrait versions of Purchase Orders and Receiving reports.
· Added ability to include pricing in Receiving reports.
· Added ability to break out sales tax as a separate line in proposal reports.
· Added factory finish paint charge for Steelcraft doors.
· Added ability to print all hardware (even if it does not require a prep) on the frame and door shop reports.
· Added an error message if e/PWS detects more than one hardware discount for the same manufacturer, series, and hardware type with a differnent discount structure.
Version 3.68, Released November 7, 2012
· We now support and automatically price Artek hollow metal.
Version 3.66, Released September 21, 2012
· In addition to setting up a default, you can now create libraries of submittal packages. If you have architects that prefer a submittal in a particular order, you can now create a submittal view in the order and choose the view from a library.
· In addtion to submitttal packages, you can now create Internal Review Packages. These are located in the Job, Reports View, under the Job current view. This allows you to configure a package of internal pricing reports, useful for.review prior to sending the submittal to the GC/Architect.
Version 3.65, Released September 17, 2012
· Under Jobs, you can now enter up to 10 revisions numbers/names and a date associated with each. You can do this for revisions that affect the schedule as well as hardware. Under Job Overview>Bid Info, refer to the new link "Revisions..." to the right of the revision number and date fields.
· In Bids and Jobs, you can can enter Notes for proposal and bid analysis groups. See the new Notes column when in the applicable groups view of the Bid Worksheet. These notes will print on the bid proposal reports.
Version 3.64, Released September 6, 2012
· Added a new column named "Verified?" You can use this column to flag if an opening has been completely verified, hardware has been verified, etc. If you set this column to "N" the entire opening will be displayed with a red background.
Version 3.63, Released September 5, 2012
· You can now associate hardware to manually added machining charges. To do so, click the desired machining charge and click Associate HW To Machining from the dashboard. You will then be prompted to click the appropriate hardware item from the heading at the bottom of the screen. There is also a link to Unassociate HW (in case you accidentally associate the wrong item). This feature is useful when printing reports that print hardware details in addition to the manufacturer prep information (such as including hardware details on purchase orders). This infomation is also passed to backend accounting systems, such as contractERP.
Version 3.62, Released September 4, 2012
· Updated Steelcraft hollow metal pricing from 2010 to 2012. When opening existing bids/jobs, e/PWS will prompt if the bid/job is using 2010 pricing and ask if you wish to update. To retain 2010 pricing, simply answer No each time you open the bid/job. Per the memo from Steelcraft, all quotes submitted after August 24, 2012 should use the new price book.
Version 3.61, Released August 29, 2012
· We now support and automatically price Fleming hollow metal.
Version 3.60, Released August 16, 2012
· Added the ability to create frame types and door types in bids.
Version 3.59, Released August 14, 2012
· When entering qualifications for your bid proposal, there is a new link named "Choose From Standard..." Using this feature you can create a document that contains your list of standard qualifications. You can then open this list and copy/paste into the bid/job specific qualifications. This is useful if you type the same qualifications into the majority of your bids.
Version 3.58, Released August 3, 2012
· When adding a closer that is "generic;" that is it can be mounted 3 different ways, we now prompt for the selected mounting style. This way the hardware type of the closer is conveyed and we can assign prepping correctly..
Version 3.57, Released August 2, 2012
· You can now delete multiple items from a hardware set.
· You can now delete multiple machining charges when in the Price Frames and Price Doors areas.
· You can now copy/paste multiple machining charges when in the Price Frames and Price Doors areas.
· For all delete and copy operations listed above, you can choose contiguous items by clicking the first item, hold down the Shift key, then clicking the last item. You can also choose non-contiguous items by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking each item.
Version 3.56, Released July 23, 2012
· contractERP users only: When pushing material to cERP, there is a new checkbox titled ".Exclude Category Amounts." Using this feature, you can now push material to cERP without always pushing the category amounts. You must have cERP 6.03 or above for this feature to work.
Version 3.55, Released July 19, 2012
· When creating door templates for Steelcraft, you can now detail peepholes and mailslots. In addition, this information will automatically pass to OEW.
Version 3.54, Released July 9, 2012
· You can now create new marks when creating headings. When in "Marks Using Heading" view, click Assign, and see the new "Create New Marks" button.
Version 3.53, Released June 4, 2012
· We now support and automatically price Baron hollow metal.
Version 3.52, Released May 21, 2012
· We now price Mesker elevations.
Version 3.51, Released May 18, 2012
· Updated Ceco hollow metal pricing from 2008 to 2012. When opening existing bids/jobs, e/PWS will prompt if the bid/job is using 2008 pricing and ask if you wish to update. To retain 2008 pricing, simply answer No each time you open the bid/job.
Version 3.50, Released May 15, 2012
· Updated Curries hollow metal pricing from 2008 to 2012. When opening existing bids/jobs, e/PWS will prompt if the bid/job is using 2008 pricing and ask if you wish to update. To retain 2008 pricing, simply answer No each time you open the bid/job.
Version 3.49, Released May 11, 2012
· Added lansdcape version of Manufacturers report
· Added landscape version of Index report
· Added generic anchor report (please see new ANCHOR REPORT option when configuring the submittal package)
· You can now roll back hardware pricing to a previous price book. To do so, use the new feature Back Date Pricing in the Job BOM, Update Pricing window.
Version 3.48, Released April 12, 2012
*** HUGE CHANGE - PLEASE READ ***
§ The connection between the ARCH FR TYPE and the drawing of the frame has been eliminated. We realize that the architect may call frames by the same name; however, they may vary by opening size, SGL/PR, head size, etc
§ Previously e/PWS grouped and printed each unique ARCH FR TYPE. This has been changed to be more consistent with the way the doors are handled. Like doors, frames now have TEMPLATES.
§ The existing column DRAW has been renamed to DRAW/FRAME TEMPLATE (keeping DRAW in the name so that you will recognize the column)
§ Instead of clicking the column, it is now a drop-down list similar to ACT DR TEMPLATE and INACT DR TEMPLATE
§ The dropdown list contains options Create Custom, Create Favorite, Edit, Delete, and the list of all the frame templates that have been created for the job
§ On existing jobs, the list of templates for the job will be auto- created based on the current contents of ARCH FR TYPE
§ On existing jobs, the FRAME TEMPLATE will automatically be set to be the same as ARCH FR TYPE.
§ When printing Frame Elevations, e/PWS will print each unique FRAME TEMPLATE (instead of the ARCH FR TYPE)
§ When you edit a FRAME TEMPLATE, e/PWS will automatically update all other frames with the same template name
§ When you choose a template from the drop-down list, e/PWS will automatically draw the frame for you. You will no longer have to draw each frame.
Version 3.47, Released April 10, 2012
· As more and more reports are added to Jobs, we are running out of space on the screen. To help this issue, reports are now broken down into logical sections. When you go into the Reports screen, there is now a Current View under the dashboard whereby you can access the various sections of reports.
Version 3.46, Released April 5, 2012
· When hardware catalogs are updated (due to new price books being published), you will be notified the first time you start e/PWS. You can also access the hardware catalog version history under the Help menu.
· You can now set your default view for the takeoff and schedule to Vertical instead of Horizontal. To do so, go under File>Setup>PWS and change the option in the bottom right hand corner.
· You can now enter a fire rating for a wall type. If entered, the fire rating will be displayed as read only in the schedule in newly added column WALL FIRE RATING. This will help cross check that fire rated walls also have fire rated doors and frames.
Version 3.45, Released March 5, 2012
· In addition to the existing FR and DR REMARKS, you can now enter manufacturing/prep specific remarks in new columns FR MFG REMARKS, DR MFG REMARKS, AND DR MFG REMARKS (INACT LEAF). These notes will print on frame and door pricing reports, frame and door shop reports, and purchase orders.
Version 3.44, Released Februrary 20, 2012
· You can now choose multiple items from the machining charges and add to multiple frame/door groups at one time. Under Price Frames and Prices Doors there is a new column named "Choose." Put a checkmark beside each frame/door group to which you wish to add machining charges. When the Add Machining Charge w indow appears, you can also choose more than one machining charge by also placing a checkmark beside each desired charge.
· Added an abbreviations used page to the wood door request for quote.
· Added ability to create a configured submittal package and save as a company wide template.
Version 3.43, Released Februrary 14, 2012
· You can now import a custom door image when creating door templates for a job. If you have a custom door that you need to print on your submital, you can choose "Use Imported Image" and browse to the image you would like to use.
Version 3.42, Released Februrary 9, 2012
· You can now attach miscellaneous documentation to a bid or job. Under the overview area, there is a new view named "Attachments." When in this view you can attach various documents. This can be useful for attaching items such as purchase orders, drawings, change orders, and any type of communication.
Version 3.41, Released Februrary 3, 2012
· As companies create more and more bids and jobs, the list of jobs displayed when choosing a bid/job to open is becoming quite large. To help in finding bids/jobs, there is a new Filter box that is displayed when choosing a bid/job to open. You can simply select to display all bids/jobs or choose from the various filter options to limit the list.
Version 3.40, Released Februrary 1, 2012
· You can now specifiy, per line item, that frame and door prepping is done in house. See new columns FR PREPPING and DR PREPPING. If you set these columns to SUPPLIER, this indicates that the prepping will be done in house. e/PWS will attempt to convert the generic prep code to a DLR specific prep code. You can setup the cross-references between the generic codes and DLR codes under File>Setup>Company Preferences>Machining Codes (Door) and Machining Codes (Frame)
Version 3.39, Released January 30, 2012
· Added Shanahans as a supported hollow metal manufacturer
Version 3.38, Released January 23, 2012
· Added a "generic" elevation template library that uses the generic profile library. When drawing a frame, see the new option "ePWS Library Template"
Version 3.37, Released January 19, 2012
· Added cuts sheets for Mesker, de La Fontaine, Daybar, Gensteel, Republic, Mohawk, Algoma, and Oshkosh.
Version 3.36, Released January 18, 2012
· Added support for printing cuts sheet for hollow metal and wood door manufacturers. Current manufacturers supported include Steelcraft, Curries, and Ceco. More coming soon!
Version 3.35, Released January 13, 2012
· Added de La Fontaine as a supported hollow metal manufacturer.
Version 3.34, Released December 13, 2011
· Added enhanced discounting for frame and door manufacturers. There are now separate discounts for frame and door miscellaneous charges. Also, there is a separate discount for frame welding charges. Some manufacturers, such as Curries, have a different discount for welding versus other preps.
Version 3.33, Released December 1, 2011
· Added support for Timely PMF frames. Choose a frame type of PMF. There are also two new columns that you can put into your schedule: Fr Casing and Fr Perimeter.
Version 3.32, Released September 28, 2011
· In addition to the Steelcraft library for profiles, there is now a "generic' profile library when using all other manufacturers. When you right-click on a section, there is a new option "Profile LIbrary'" Using this library, you will no longer have to create job specific profiles for each bid/job.
· Added an itemized version of the Headings With Pricing report so that the data can be cleanly exported to Excel.
Version 3.31, Released September 22, 2011
· All door and frame schedules are now printed in the order in which the marks were entered into the takeoff or schedule. If the marks are not entered in alphabetical order, and you wish the schedules to print in alphabeltical order, sort the takeoff/schedule by mark number by click the MARK column header. Then click Reset Mark Indexes in the the dashboard.
· To be consistent with job defaults, you are able to set defaults for up to 3 manufacturers of doors and frames.
§ e/PWS now prices Mohawk wood doors. The base price for all wood doors will be automatically calculated. However, due to the method Mohawk uses to price hardware machining, the user will be reponsible for manually adding all applicable additional machining charges. To do so, when you run Price Doors, choose Add Machiing Charge from the dashboard, find the appropriate MOH charge in the list, and click OK.
§ Added a Price Per Opening report. In jobs, see the new report under the Material/Purchasing area of the reports screen. In bids, see the new report under Other area of the reports screen.
§ You can now launch the TOAD CRT tool from within e/PWS. On the home screen, refer to the new POS section.
§ We no longer support running OEW on our server. When you create an OEW export file, e/PWS will prompt you for a file location on your local hard drive. You can then import into OEW installed on your own machine.
§ Added support for Canadian price books. When adding hardware to headings, refer to the new manufacturers appended with the -CDN suffix.
§ Corrected the submittal package! You can now configure a submittal package, print all reports in the package at one time, and the pages will be consecutively numbered.
§ Added a horizontal version of the combined schedule.
§ Added a report to list the hardware finishes used.
§ Added a report to list the hardware optons chosen.
§ Added a hardware specification report.
§ Added drowp-down lists for Curries and Ceco anchors..
§ Added new help key F8. When you use this hot key in the takeoff/schedule, a list is displayed that contains all the values previously entered in the same column. You can choose an item from the list versus typing in manually. This can be very useful for inside and outside locations.
§ Added three new columns in the job schedule: # JAMB ANCHORS, # HEAD ANCHORS, and # SILL ANCHORS.
§ Added a third door/frame schedule style.
§ Added two new frame construction styles: SUA-S-FC and SUA-S-FU so that internal prep charges can be assigned to face and full welds. To use the new styles, create DLR prep charges SUA-FC and SUA-FU respectively.
§ If you create a job from an existing bid, the clarifications, notes, and keying notes are copied into the job for future reference.
§ When choosing bids/jobs to open, they are now listed in descending order so that the most recent are listed on the top.
§ Added the number of and list of openings per heading to the Headings reports.
§ Added support for special net pricing for DonJo. If you have special net pricing for DonJo, send us an email at email@example.com. We will setup your account so that the proper net prices are displayed.
2. You can now filter the contents of the bid worksheet so that you can limit the amount of information you work with at any given time. To do so, enable filtering by checking the box in the bottom right-hand corner. Now when you double-click a line item, you are filtering the contents of the worksheet. You can look at a particular manufacturer, a particular frame type, etc. To remove the filter, click the red text "FILTER IS ON"
3. You can disable the auto-generation of FRAME and HARDWARE INSTALL COSTS. If you do not want e/PWS to automatically add these lines to the worksheet, check the "Do not include install costs?" checkbox in the general information area.
§ If the bid worksheet is grouped by area, the proposal and bid analysis groups are now also split out by area. This allows you to print proposals grouped by area.
§ e/PWS now handles discounting items that have a base price (which can be discounted) but options that are net adds. Discounts are not applied to net add options.
§ e/PWS now handle hardware items whose base price is handled as a net by the manufacturer. (For example, the Sargent 6400 core is published as a net, while the 6500 core is published as a list). Items whose price is published as a net is not affected by discounts.
§ There was not a centralized location to edit ALL of the project hardware. To edit a hardware item, the user had to know the heading in which the item was located. Since the Job BOM lists all of the hardware scheduled for a project, we added “Modify” and “Delete” buttons so any hardware item can be changed or deleted w/o having to find its corresponding hardware set.
§ Added ability to create company specific abbreviations. If you use an abbreviation for a manufacturer that is not currently supported by e/PWS, add a description for the abbreviation under File>Setup>Company Preferences>Abbreviations. The abbreviation and description will automatically print on the door/frame schedule's legend. NOTE: If you create an abbreviation by the same name as an abbreviation defined by e/PWS, your company specific description will print instead of the e/PWS description.
§ When printing the frame and door only schedule, you can now choose to not print B/O and existing frames and doors. Also, you can choose to print specific types of frames and doors: HMF, HMD, WD, etc.
§ e/PWS goes GREEN. In preparation for our green theme at the DHI convention, e/PWS's color scheme has been changed to a green theme. The font inside the spreadsheets has been changed to a more easy to read font. The heading of each column has been changed to a vertical orientation where applicable.
§ Added ability to delete customized views. Go under Customize View, click Choose From Library, choose the view from the list, and click Delete.
§ Hardware items in the bid worksheet are now grouped based on unique hardware configuration versus hardware type. This allows hardware discounts to be modified in one location and special discounts (such as discounts for plated finishes) to be entered more easily. Also, any changes to discounts in the bid worksheet are now reflected on the Hardware Summary (With Pricing) and Hardware Headings (With Pricing) reports. You no longer have to change your discounts in the bid worksheet as well as the job discount table.
§ Added ability to draw 3 sided frames and include them on your submittals. When you choose a mode of SGL or PR, you are now able to draw the frame. There is a new frame type of Three Sided Frame. The Elevation Details report is now grouped based on the data input into the ARCH FR TYPE column. Only unique architect frames types are printed, along with the list of marks that use that frame type.
§ Added ability to freeze the bid worksheet. There is new checkbox named "Freeze" on the General Information page. If you check this box, you can still manually make changes to the worksheet, but e/PWS will no longer automatically update the sheet, even if you make changes to your bid/job.
§ Updated Steelcraft pricing to 2010 price book.
§ Added support for 6 new manufacturer catalogs: Alarm Lock, Lund, Marks USA, RS2, SDC, and Trine
· In the bid worksheet, you can now enter either a markup or a margin and the software will automatically calculate the other for you.
· When customizing views, there are two new options: General Notes and Highlight. You can enter general notes to yourself in the GENERAL NOTES column to ensure you do not forget vital questions/instructions that may end up costing you money. These notes do not print on any report. If you set HIGHLIGHT to "Y", the entire row will be displayed in bright yellow to remind you that there is an outstanding issue/question pertaining to a particular mark.